Must have things in Doctor’s LinkedIn profile
LinkedIn is the most used social networking app by doctors. In India, around 70,000 medical practitioners are on LinkedIn. While social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter are great for engaging patients and attracting new business, the benefits of LinkedIn revolve more around professional development.
If used potentially, LinkedIn has many advantages which make the doctor professionally and personally strong. However, to achieve this portraying you on LinkedIn through your profile is a very important criterion. A complete LinkedIn profile receives 40 times more engagement than profiles containing basic job descriptions and career histories.
Below we have listed few things which a doctor should include in his/her LinkedIn profile:
- Profile picture and headline: A professional profile picture on your LinkedIn profile is must, this helps in building a good impression. The headline you choose should be catchy and should encourage the viewer to check out your profile.
- 2. Summary: The summary on your LinkedIn profile should be straight forward, impactful and short. Make sure that you are always writing in the first person and try to emphasize on your speciality areas, and your passions in the medical field.
- Experience: List the jobs you held as a doctor, you can also videos or photos of the same.
- Skills and expertise: Try to include five key skills or expertise which you possess, such as surgeries or speciality skillsets.
- 5. Education, Honours and Awards: Besides your professional degree, you should include any honours or awards you have received. Don’t be afraid to showcase your accomplishments on your profile.